Canadian legislation indicates that any real property located in Canada is within the scope of the GST/HST. GST/HST applied equally to both land and buildings.
Did you know that following transactions are not subject to HST?
- Sale of used residential real estate property
- Most sales of personal-use property or land by individual other than in the course of a business
- Transfer of farmland by farmers to related individuals
- Long-term residential accommodation
- Short-term, low-cost rentals of residential property
Uncertain about whether your real estate transaction is subject to HST? Speak to a partner of our firm to find out.